I spent many summers in Southern Chile, I have no words to describe its beauty, its aroma, its scenery, its people, and especially the food, I for sure miss it.
When I eat a piece of this ricotta kuchen my mind travels to back to those years. It is almost like a magical moment that takes me back to so many memories. The Ricotta Kuchen is a delicious gastronomy heritage from The south as well as the Raspberry Blueberry Kuchen
When you bake this beauty, remember, there is so much history behind this bundle of ingredients.
Ingredients to prepare the dough:
1 cup white cane sugar
100 grams ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon zest
Pinch of salt
1 cup of all-purpose flour sifted
½ tsp baking powder
1 tbs butter
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1 cup (extra if you like) raspberries
1 package cream cheese (approximately 227 grams) @ room temperature
½ cup ricotta cheese
¾ cup powder sugar
1 Tbs vanilla extract
On the top:
½ cup of raspberries, blueberries, or any berries you would like to add on top
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Prepare the dough. In a bowl combine the egg, the butter, and the sugar. Add the lemon zest, vanilla extract, salt, and flour. Use a mixer to combine all ingredients. Add rest of ingredient and continue mixing well.
- Prepare the cake pan; butter a removable bottom baking cake pan on all sides and bottom, add a little bit of flour on the creases and sides. Pour the dough batter into the pan and press the batter with fingers until is completely well spread on the bottom (use flour on your fingers). Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from oven, and set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until all ingredients are combined, set aside.
- Add raspberries on top of baked dough, sprinkle extra powder sugar on top of fruit. Pour the filling evenly and bake for 30 minutes or until top of filling has a caramelized color and has a solidified (baked).
- Let cool down and add berries on top. Sprinkle powder sugar. Enjoy!