Ingredients to prepare the dough:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
Lemon Zest of 1 whole lemon
2 egg yolks
1 ¼ cups of heavy cream
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon powdered sugar
1 cup (plus a little more extra) raspberries
1 cup blueberries (plus a little more extra) blueberries
½ cup Breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven 350 degrees. Prepare the dough. In a bowl combine the flour and baking powder, set aside. In another bowl beat the sugar with the butter until combined and batter appears soft, add the egg keep beating to combine all ingredients. Add the lemon zest. Add some cold water about ⅓ of a cup to the dough, keep stirring. The dough should appear wet, this is not a dry dough.
- Prepare the cake pan; butter a removable bottom baking cake pan on all sides and bottom, add a little bit of flour on the creases and sides. Pour the dough batter into the pan and press the batter with a fork until is completely well spread on the bottom. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare the Cream batter: Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until all ingredients are combined, set aside.
- Pour evenly onto the baked dough some bread crumbs, add the 2 kinds of berries on top, pour some sugar on all berries. Pour the cream batter evenly on top of the fruit.
- Bake until the cream batter is cooked and firm about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let it cool and serve.