Baking was not a common practice at my house, instead, I enjoyed the baking happening at the Little House on the Prairie TV series. Yes, that dates me, ha! Anyhow, I have added to this recipe my three most favorite ingredients I absolutely love in cookies; coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and walnuts, and of course, I have removed the ones I hate on common oatmeal cookies, RAISINS!
I hope you love them!
1½ cups of unsalted butter
1 cup of light brown sugar
½ cup white cane sugar
2 big eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of sifted flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups of oatmeal (quick 1-minute oatmeal)
½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of sweet coconut flakes
½ cup of chopped walnuts
- Mix butter and sugars in a bowl until mixture turns creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, mix well
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mix well
- Add the oatmeal and mix
- Add the chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and walnuts, mix well
- Form balls and bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes over parchment paper
Can be enjoyed warm!!